Monday, August 15, 2011

Midnight by Dean Koontz

The citizens of Moonlight Cove, California, are changing. Some are losing touch with their deepest emotions. Others are surrendering to their wildest urges. And the few who remain unchanged are absolutely terrified--if not brutally murdered in the dead of night...

I love a good sci-fi thriller. One that gets my heart beating fast and makes it feel like I can't turn the pages fast enough. This book definitely had that kind of suspense to it. Sadly, it just never drew me in.

Moonlight Cove, California is a picturesque community until some inexplicable deaths occur. Sam Booker, an FBI agent is sent in undercover to discover the truth behind the mysterious deaths. While Tessa Lockland is in town to dig into her sisters unlikely suicide. Along with a wheelchair-bound Vietnam Vet, Harry Talbot, and an intelligent beyond her years 11 year old, Chrissie Foster, they discover the truth behind the darkness that is taking over the town.

Koontz takes a lot of time to develop the characters. I found myself not really caring about any of them, with the exception of Chrissie. Once the lives of the characters are interwoven the climax really drags on until the end which was a bit of a disappointment. I found myself really dragging through this book. While it did have some good plot twists, a few of which were a bit of a stretch on the imagination, it never grabbed me. I had to force myself to finish it just so I could say I did.

If you like an unbelievable 'things that go bump in the night' type of book, this is one for you.

2 out of 5 stars.

BUY IT HERE: MidnightSuspense Thrillers Books)

No comments:

Post a Comment