Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen Degeneres

"Sometimes the greatest things are the most embarrassing." Ellen Degeneres' winning, upbeat candor has made her show one of the most popular, resilient and honored daytime shows on the air. (To date, it has won no fewer than 31 Emmys.) Seriously... I'm Kidding, Degeneres' first book in eight years, brings us up to date about the life of a kindhearted woman who bowed out of American Idol because she didn't want to be mean. Lively; hilarious; often sweetly poignant.

I love Ellen. I watched her sitcom when I was young, I remember when she came out, I watched her first episode of her talk show, I love her. She is hilarious. So, I was looking forward to reading this book.

I have not read her other two books so I didn't know exactly what to expect from this one. This is not a memoir.  It is more a compilation of random thoughts Ellen has had since her last book.

There are a lot of really funny parts. I often found myself having to go back and reread things because I kept thinking about a previous joke and laughing instead of taking in what I was currently reading. In the beginning her ramblings were fun, too. It was like a lot of mini monologues with great advice thrown in. It got old pretty quick, though. It was all over the place.  Like I said earlier, it's a bunch of random thoughts thrown into a book.

This is the kind of book you can read a chapter here or there to lighten your mood, then go back to your other book. It would probably be much more enjoyable as an audio-book.

I was disappointed in the book but I still love Ellen.

3 out of 5 stars.

BUY IT HERE:Seriously...I'm Kidding

No comments:

Post a Comment